Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    +1 on the flexible shaft couplers, but OME will be pointing out that there are better ones out there that have separate set screws that grab the shafts, or four screws total. Those couplers will hold the threaded rod better - otherwise you'll need to shim the threaded rod with something like foil or metal tape since the threaded rod is a bit less than 5mm diameter.

Also, take a look at the thread titled "Y bed rubbing solutions". One of the not-so-great aspects of the i3v is that the Y-belt rides directly on bearings at the front idler, with nothing to prevent the belt from catching on the wood sides of the idler bracket. I assume the 10-inch i3v is of the same design, and the additional Y-bed travel makes this more of a concern on the 10-inch. The rubbing solutions thread may have some ideas for you to consider in your build.

EDIT: And if that Y-idler is still just mounted to a flat plate, I'd seriously consider adding some sort of reinforcement to minimize the plate flexing, since any flex will change the tension in the Y-belt. The wider bed will be more prone to this flex than on the 8-inch. This reinforcement could be a metal bracket or could be something simple like a glued-on wood scrap left from the sheets the laser cut parts come in.
    Last edited by printbus; 07-08-2014 at 03:55 PM.