Close

What to do after printing?

Hi, guys. This question may sound extreme stupid, and I may sound like a complete newbie, and that is because I am, so I'm sorry if my questions are stupid. I only ask questions that I can't find answer for anywhere else.

I'm leaning to use a Creality Ender 3, and I'm wondering what I need to do after each print? Do I need to clean the nozzel? do I need to remove the filament from the extruder and clean the inside?
    Help is appreciated! And I hope I didn't post this in the wrong section.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    throw it away and get a prusa mini ;-)

I pretty much never do anything to my printers after printing.
    I clear any filament off the printbed, but that's it.
    If using pla and not going to be printing again for a few days - good idea to unload. But other than that - most machines are fine as they are.

That said, ender 3's have a LOT more problems than most other printers. But filament left in overnight, shouldn't be one of them :-)

I got into the habit of removing the spool of filament and placing it in a vacuum bag. These are the bags used to store clothing in which you remove a cap on a valve and use a vacuum cleaner to suck the air out. This keep the filament dry (no air, no moisture) and does not take long. I don't heat the nozzle to unload it, I just cut it off with a inch sticking out of the drive housing. Next time I use it I heat it up and retract the filament. This may not work as well if it is not a direct drive extruder..
    Good luck!