Close

Prusa MK3S printing issues

I've asked everywhere and tried a million different solutions, but I have yet to solve these problems that I started getting on my prints. While I was doing some retraction tests a couple weeks ago I all of a sudden(one print was fine then every one after that) I started getting really bad inconsistent extrusion. I'm not sure if I had the moire (issue 602) since I first built my machine, but the weird layers definitely suddenly appeared on smaller, round prints. So far I have multiple filaments, greasing the rods/lead screws, disassembled the extruder and checked the heatblock, lowered speeds, acceleration, and jerk, adjusted e steps, replaced the nozzle, tried e correction, used prettypla profile, used S3D and PS, turned off z hop, cooled down my ambient, checked for grooves in my rods, tightened grub screws, adjusted extruder idler tensioner and tightened belts. I think that sums of almost everything. Messing with retraction and extrusion multipliers doesn't change the effect on string tests at all.Moire: Inconsistent extrusion:

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Not saying this is your problem though.

This is exactly what I get When my Lead-Screw Couplers are turning Untrue.
    I find the by placing a single wrap of electricians tape on the end of lead-screw that is inserted into coupler, this will allow the lead-screw to spin True.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberts_Clif View Post
    Not saying this is your problem though.

This is exactly what I get When my Lead-Screw Couplers are turning Untrue.
    I find the by placing a single wrap of electricians tape on the end of lead-screw that is inserted into coupler, this will allow the lead-screw to spin True.
    Can you remove the lead screw on a Prusa? I thought it was attached to the motor. Also could it be the trapezoidal nut? The right one has the slightest bit of vertical slop if I lift it.

Usually i would think it is something to do with Z binding but Looking at the string test image it doesn't look like its a Z issue as each tower has bulges at different layers.
    I recommend looking to see if the bed or the x gantry has any wobble, also look to see if the extruder is gripping the filament properly and not grinding it as this was a problem for me at one point. Also just in case it is z axis related look to see if the bulges are on all sides of the xyz cube on a single layer or if the layer has shifted because if its even all round the object then it is probably z axis related. An easy test is to manually move the z axis to see if it is hard to move or not and check to see if the rods look bent at all. to me it looks like a mechanical issue but try tweaking the z seam to be all in one line if not already and look to make sure your filament diameter and nozzle diameter settings haven't changed.
    If your still having problems after more tests uploading your fff profile would be helpful for people to input on your settings that could help to fix it.