Close

Perspective on the print specs for this design using a Flashforge Creator Pro

Hi there

Just posting this thread for a quick perspective on what sort of settings I should use to print the attached model. Originally someone else made one for me in about 9 hours with the same model of printer, which I am having difficulty understanding as it is projected to take me about 23hours?

Appreciate any advice.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Do not have a Flashforge Creator Pro though test my settings and can print in just over half that time.

Layer height .28
    Shell thickness .4
    Top/Bottom thickness .56
    Fill density 22%

5 hour 20 minutes
    43.97 meter 131gram
    Print Speed 9.0mm^3 per second

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    depends entirely on your settings and what resuklts you want to get

Using flashprint at 0.3mm layer height and 70mm/s 15% infill and 3 perimeters and layers - it clocks in at 5.47 hours and 133gms

How smooth do you want it and do you own any files and sanding blocks :-)
    A faster, lower resolution print and 10 minutes judicious sanding, can save you many hours of printing at higher resolutions

0.2mm layer = 7hours and 51 minutes
    so logically 0.1mm = around 16 hours.

0.16mm layer height gives you around 9 hours. zip file of the .x3g attached.

The mistake most people make is using the wrong infill and way way too much of it.

15% TRIANGLE infill not only gives you the best all round strength to material ratio, on a model this size it's also pretty dense.

Learn what settings do what and never ever use a Stock 'normal, fast, quality' style setting for anything :-)
    Always know what you used and why.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-13-2019 at 11:09 AM.