Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

LionCrewer SLA 3D Printer - Priced 1700-1800 Euros

A spanish company named LEON3D has announced a new SLA 3D printer coming this september. It is called the LionCrewer 1.0 and it will be priced under 2,000 Euros. One of the guys a LEON3D told me it will be between 1,700 and 1,800 Euros when released. The printer looks really sleek and it should be interesting to see how well it catches on in Spain, as well as the rest of Europe. Read more about this new 3D printer at http://3dprint.com/7627/leon3d-lion-crewer-3d-printer/

Staff Engineer
    Nice render, cute plastic parts, flashing white between each scene transition, generic music, ;-) ...Was this made by a high school class?

And the only technical detail is five seconds showing a mechanism that moves the entire laser body around on a gantry to print on the top surface of the resin. For nearly $3000.

Why?

Student
    I would also like to see more technical details about the printer. Print speed, how the resin is loaded, how long can it be stored, that kind of stuff. Never looked into SLA that much. Allot of people know FDM well enough but the consumer market on SLA is not that big. It would be interessting to see more of these details above where SLA is different from FDM printing etc..

less then 2/3 the print volume of the form 1.

i was already holding off for a larger sla printer...

Engineer-in-Training
    At least the design doesn't look like an ape of some other popular 3D printer. I question the need for a handle. It looks a bit out of place.

An XY laser gantry is going to be SLOW. There's a reason why other designs use DLPs or laser galvo mirror setups. It looks like the operation footage was sped up too.