I've finally had to make the first change to my FF. The stock aluminum build platform was horribly warped (quite disappointed about that after only a few months ownership) and I was starting to have trouble getting things to print correctly. I decided to buy the glass build platform that FF sells on their U.S. website. I couldn't be happier. Dead level from corner to corner and things are printing beautifully again. See photo below. The one thing to note is that I saw a photo somewhere else of someone using this glass plate clamped directly on top of the stock aluminum build plate. I have no idea how they managed that because I tried it and it was impossible because the platform became so thick that I couldn't screw down the leveling nuts far enough to clear the nozzle. Only after I removed the metal plate could I get the platform to clear the nozzle. While I've heard it can be done, I'm not printing directly on the glass, instead continuing to use blue painters tape. My main reason being that sometimes my models really stick hard to the platform and I have to use a putty knife to "pop" them off. I didn't want to scratch the bejeesus out of the glass plate right off the bat. Perhaps I'll give it a try without tape at some point.

photo 1.jpg