Close

Problem with Extrusion! help pls!

Hi everyone!,

I have a recently new Anycubic I3 Mega S.

The printer has been awesome and working great for about a week now. I have used it for about 35 hours probably total.

Recently it has started to have issues with printing. It seems like the start of each new line when it prints. I have attached some photos. I have tried a new nozzle and there is no change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    looks like you need to level the bed.
    Unless you switch the levellng nuts for locking nuts, vibration will cause the bed to regularly need levelling.
    Time scale makes sense as well.

I have leveled it meticulously but the problem still shows. I will try to purchase some mirror and replace the bed.

Is there anything else that may cause this?

New to this too, so shooting in the dark here...

If it's under-extruding sporadically like that then maybe friction somewhere. Possibly in the bowden tube (maybe strings of filament from a change at some point, or a kink in the path), or in the filament coming off the spool (tangled or overlapping on the spool, or getting caught up while pulling off because of a non-direct path).

Because it's happening more frequently when you're staring a new line, it could be in your retraction settings (maybe it's taking too long to get the proper amount of filament back to the nozzle after a retraction > bed movement > feed > new line.) I've found that retraction settings change pretty significantly between filament types, which might explain why you're just now seeing issues, especially if you are using new filament.

You should switch the leveling nuts for locking nuts.
    lenny face

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by joefelton View Post
    You should switch the leveling nuts for locking nuts.
    lenny face
    I should do the same by placing a nylon locking nuts into the thumb screw adjusters so vibration will not cause the bed to regularly need levelling.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    do you have z-hop enabled in your slicer ? that could cause the same problem.