Close

Good Cheap 3D Printer for Printing Phone Cases?

I'm looking to start a mini business with a buddy, where we will be 3D printing custom phone cases for local shops. We want to start off with one 3D printer and then expand. What would you guys suggest for a cheap 3D printer that can do what I want? I don't want to spend over $1000, but the more affordable, the better, as long as it can create good looking cases.

Quote Originally Posted by WinceNWine View Post
    I don't want to spend over $1000, but the more affordable, the better, as long as it can create good looking cases.
    Thanks for the laugh.

I am a solidoodle fan... then there is flashforge coming in at a good price under $1000. To get a good surface finish you need a heated bed or one that you can put a mirror/glass on withs ome Kapton tape or the flat side of the cases will look pretty bad. There are lots of people trying the iphone case thing, not as easy as people think to get them right. Good luck.

I agree printing things to sell to the public off of an FDM or FFM printer probably wouldn't be a good idea. Things off of these machines are for prototypes in if you have to make them look nice there is a lot of postprocessing work many hours worth and a lot of skill