Close

Student

Suddenly prints come out terrible

I have had the QIDI XPRO for about 6 months with no problems and now all of a sudden I can't get any prints to finish. They all fail at some point into a big mess. I can't figure out what went wrong? I'm printing like I always have and haven't changed anything about the printer, bed, etc.

I have attached a photo and the original file. I have tried printing this 3 times and always get the same mess of a result. I tried the exact same file on a Creality CR-10 mini and it printed fine.

Anyone have any ideas what's wrong?

Thanks!

IMG_3023.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is the print coming loose from the print bed? Try cleaning the print bed with alcohol. When the print surface gets dirty the adhearsion will be reduced.

I had problem a few months ago. A friend of mine suggested to clean to the print bed and it worked.

You may have a slight blockage in the extruder.
    Can happen with some filaments
    Easiest way is to just change the extruder if you have one spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimtoman View Post
    You may have a slight blockage in the extruder.
    Can happen with some filaments
    Easiest way is to just change the extruder if you have one spare.
    Can you tell me how to deal with clogging?

Print not sticking to build plate

I'm using rapid PLA. I clean the print bed every time with 70% isopropyl alcohol on a paper towel. I increased the bed temperature to 60C.This makes my prints stick well. If my build includes a tiny part I add a brim.To remove prints, I remove the magnetic bed and put it in the freezer for a minute or two. That leaves the prints loose. That way I don't have to use any kind of tool to pry up the prints so hopefully I'm not going to damage the build plate.If none of this works for you, you may have a partially blocked print head as someone else said. You can examine the first layer as it prints. A partially blocked print head will leave a an obviously blocked interrupted trail of filament.Good luck