Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mechadense View Post
    ABS should be gluable with acetone
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfab3d@hotmail.com View Post
    acetone works wonders on abs
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    x2 cadfab. for abs just solvent weld it together with acetone. ... if its pla you can solvent weld with methylene chloride if you can find it.
    Um, I think a few people here are posting not realizing this is the Peachy Printer sub-forum... The Peachy Printer doesn't use PLA or ABS... it uses resin hardened by UV light.

Quote Originally Posted by Cramill View Post
    Um, I think a few people here are posting not realizing this is the Peachy Printer sub-forum... The Peachy Printer doesn't use PLA or ABS... it uses resin hardened by UV light.
    We tested a print to see if acetone dissolves it, and no it doesn't (at least in the time that a similar abs piece did)

I don't know if newly cured resin will completely "glue" to an old print though
    Last edited by erikk; 12-10-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Engineer
    haha yes i didnt notice the forum it was in. in any case methylene chloride still may work as thats super strong solvent but with a crosslinked resin like the peachy would use then a methyl methacrylate type adhesive would bond any of the parts and not fail. here is one example...

http://www.extremeadhesives.com

and another...

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com...astic+Adhesive

the adhesive used to bond corian countertops is the same type and comes in colors so if you have a cabinet shop nearby that does that kind of work then they would have it or could get it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12