Close

New 'Ender 3 Pro' came with two identical right-side vertical extrusions

I was hoping for some help from someone who owns an Ender 3 Pro. I just received mine yesterday. My problem is that I received two identical 'right side' vertical aluminum extrusions. The right one has the two pre-drilled holes set farther apart for mounting the power supply. The left vertical (which I'm missing) has 2 holes drilled towards the bottom end for mounting the Z-axis motor. I've already contacted the seller and they are shipping me that missing left one, but it's going to take 10 days from China (). Having two right verticals puts a stop to me putting this printer together since I can't mount the Z-axis motor. However, I'd like to take a whack at drilling the two missing holes I need into one of the two right pieces to convert it into a left one (I doubt they'll ask me to ship one of them back). At least this way I can get it going until they send me the missing part. I have the ability to drill these holes accurately (drill press) and the proper tools to tap the holes (they are M4 with a 0.7 tooth pitch according to my tooth gauge). The distance between the two holes should center up in the two vertical aluminum slots perfectly, however my problem is that I don't know how high or low to mount the motor on the vertical extrusion. Can someone who owns this printer (pro version) please take a measurement and tell me how much of a gap there is between the bottom of the Z-axis motor and the horizontal base? Thanks in advance for any help!

Part 15 (x2).jpg

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    if it was standard profile extrusion you could just attach the motor with ordinary strut-nuts.
    might be worth a shot anyway.

Thanks for the advice, I don't know why I didn't think of that. However I didn't have any strut nuts that would fit this style extrusion. I just ended up using some regular nuts with washers/lock washers. I took a guess on how high the motor was mounted based on some footage of the printer, and got the Z screw so it wasn't too high. I just got done putting it all together and just fired it up about 10 minutes ago. Looking good so far! Thanks again!

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    good to see a working ender 3 - around here we mainly get people with the standard non-working models ;-)