Are there companies, especially in the lower New York state area (New York City/Westchester County region) that lease or sells sub-$5000 3D printers and also provides service contracts? I haven't had much luck researching online.

The company I work for has decided that adding a 3D printer into its workflow would be beneficial, especially for prototyping and reviewing designs before sending off to be manufactured in China. Our needs include printing draft prints for quick reviews and don't really need a large industrial 3D printer. Something more modest would be best, especially as we start to test the 3D printing waters.

I'm personally advocating for less expensive devices with the potential of having two or more running at the same time rather than one expensive device. I'm providing lots of information regarding what's available but my company feels it is important to purchase a printer from a reseller that could service a 3D printer should anything go wrong, similar to the contracts we have with large companies like Canon to service our color printers when necessary.

I suspect what I'm describing doesn't exist at this sub-$5000 level as the cost of service versus the cost of the printer wouldn't make it economically feasible (in other words for the cost of having someone service a 3D printer, you could purchase a new one instead).

Any thoughts about the matter from someone in a similar situation?

Thanks!
Pierre