Forgive me if this is a newby question, as I am very much a newbie. The construction company I work for has been considering getting a 3D printer for quite some time now to make models of buildings to help market ourselves. I've just been assigned the duty of finding a suitable printer for under $5,000. Larger will be better as we are a general contractor and some of the buildings we make are pretty sizeable, detail is also important. Some machines I've already been looking at are the Makerbots and the Cubify Cubepro. I've been doing research of my own and I like the Cubepro because of it's size, however I've heard problems concerning thickness of plastic and holes being a problem. We will be using Google Sketchup combined with an STL convertor for our modeling software. We will be keeping the printer either in my office or out in the warehouse, we'd prefer to keep it in the warehouse as I heard some printers are pretty loud, so an SD slot would be great.

Are there any other printers you all would recommend? What are they and why are they better than the Makerbots and Cubify machines?

Thanks a ton in advanced,
Mitchell