Close

Student

Our latest 3D-Printed Model Home - One of My Favorites.

This is our latest 3D-printed architectural model. We printed it on the ProJet 660Pro. The colors and detail turned out great. If you're interested, the model specs can be found here.

Front View

3d-printed-home-model-havenhawk.jpg
    Back View
    architectural-home-model-havenhawk-2.jpg
    Right Side View
    architectural-home-model-havenhawk-3.jpg
    Left Side View
    architectural-home-model-havenhawk-4.jpg
    Close-Up View
    architectural-home-model-havenhawk-5.jpg

Great work

These are great models you are making. Are these models for real clients or portfolio pieces?

Student
    This one is a portfolio piece.

Very Nice work. This is what I am in the process of working to do. Print models of Homes. I am also in Utah. I do all my modeling in Architectural Desktop, and also have COINS so I can do them in the framing. I have only printed one wall (Last night) as I am just starting to do this. I am looking to convert the Architectural Desktop models I have, into a .stl and then print the floor plans, making the different options swap outable in the model. IE swap out the Grand Master Bath with the Standard Bath so a Client can see what they are buy from a production builder.

Student
    Sounds interesting. Are you an architect or builder? What kind of printer are you using?

I am a designer that works for a local builder, however I have work for quite a few of the National Builders over the years.

I have a MakerFarm Prusa i3V It is very small, and in the future I do plan on building a larger version that has a 24"X24" bed at the smallest, and want to actually be able to print 24"X36"...ie D Size print bed. That way I can typically do any home built in 1/4"=1'-0". Hopefully smaller homes I could do a couple of the floor plans at the same time and just leave the printer running while I am at work.

Student
    If you're ever in the South Ogden area and are interested, feel free to stop by. I'd be happy to show you the printers and our process.

We're in South Ogden at 1464 E. Ridgeline Dr. Ste. 101.

I will for sure. I am very interested in your processes as your pricing is way low from what I have heard from some of my friends that work at other builders around the nation. Look forward to meeting you sometime. I am down in Sandy.