Close

3d printed flip flops

I was thinking about 3D printing these flip flops they look really good but I wasn't sure if PLA would work in shoes has any one tried anything like this before and were they usable?

Technologist
    Flip flops are supposed to... flip and flop. PLA would be very uncomfortable and rigid. Something like Ninjaflex would probably be the way to go.

Strewth! No self-respecting Skippy (Australian) nor Kiwi (New Zealander) would be caught dead wearing a pair of thongs (Australian), jandles (New Zealand) that looked like those.

Those flip flops (USA & English) are the worst pair of Japanese riding boots (thongs) that I have ever seen!

Old Man Emu

Staff Engineer
    The strap literally says "Bi*ch" with the star and everything... That's a pretty good indicator that poor taste is possibly the intent.

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Strewth! No self-respecting Skippy (Australian) nor Kiwi (New Zealander) would be caught dead wearing a pair of thongs (Australian), jandles (New Zealand) that looked like those.

Those flip flops (USA & English) are the worst pair of Japanese riding boots (thongs) that I have ever seen!

Old Man Emu
    No wonder Australians talk funny if they wear thongs on their feet, they look uncomfortable enough if you wear them in the right places.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    No wonder Australians talk funny if they wear thongs on their feet, they look uncomfortable enough if you wear them in the right places.
    I'd much rather wear a pair of thongs than be caught in a set of budgie smugglers.

Technician
    HA HA PLA flip flops, first time I heard of it...so comfortable, yeah you can try to make it.