Close

Monoprint Maker Pro MK1 print head driven into print board

First post and first printer. Looked everywhere and I see that this is the same as a Wanhao D9. I just got it in the mail and put it together per the directions and on the first level, and all after, the print head drives straight down and into the print board.

See the video youtube video watch?v=_ddf6Kpguzs&t

I have emailed them and posted the review on their site. Nothing else wrong just that. It extrudes and Y and X axis are fine just Z drive down during return to home and auto leveling.

If they refuse to fix it then it goes back to who I bought it from and I'll buy a CR-10S or a the Anet A10.
    I want to stick with this one because there are video's out there of it printing fine and it has a large printing area.

Anyways just venting a bit but looking forward to being a daily printer junky lol

OK someone sent me an email and told me to set the printer to a higher Z level in the settings then level it. Did that and it stopped grinding into the deck. Then I tried to print but it was printing about 5 inches high. I then set it back to factory then leveled and holy crud it worked!!! I leveled it and it is now printing a demo!!! So excited! BUT.... WT... what did that do and why did I have to do it?

Well anyways it's off to getting the Octoprinter setup! going to be fun! Kids are watching it print out a butterfly right now!