Close

LeapFrog Creatr HS - 5 Times Faster

Leapfrog has just unveiled their latest 3D printer, the Creatr HS. HS stands for high speed. The Creatr HS can print up to an amazing five time that of the original Creatr says Leapfrog. More details on this printer can be found here: http://3dprint.com/6077/leapfrog-creatr-hs-faster/

The following are the Specs for the Creatr HS:

• Build Volume - 27x28x18 cm (printing with one extruder), or 27x16x18 (printing with dual extruders) / 30x23x18cm (single) or 30x21x18cm (dual)
    • Layer Resolution - 10 microns
    • Print Volume - 14.8 Liters
    • Print Speed - 30-300mm/s
    • Body Construction - Aluminum extrusion profiles
    • Build platform - Heated glass platform with print sticker
    • Printer Dimensions - 60x50x50cm
    • Weight - 30kg

Check it out:

Staff Engineer
    It looks like consumer-level FDM-type printers are finally starting to offer soluble support, which is great. Has anybody here tried using PVA filament in their printers? If so, how well does it work? Does it flow well, or tend to clog? Do the spools of filament quickly absorb water and become useless?

Andrew Werby
    www.computersculpture.com

Has anyone any experience with this printer. I am thinking of getting one to upgrade from my printer. This has comparable specs to the Ultimaker 2 however it has the added extruder for support material, the ultimaker only has the one.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfilemarket View Post
    Has anyone any experience with this printer. I am thinking of getting one to upgrade from my printer. This has comparable specs to the Ultimaker 2 however it has the added extruder for support material, the ultimaker only has the one.
    How could anyone have this printer yet?
    It has just been unveiled.
    however Leapfrog is a rather famous brand, it will do pretty nicely i would assume atleast.

Too bad they won't be distributing this printer in North America until next year or I would have bought one already.

Engineer-in-Training
    Can't any printer also print faster if you adjust the settings? You just get different quality.

I demo'd this printer in Europe and what is unique is the ability for it to properly balance machine speed with filament output... I want one when they hit the U.S.

-real3dguy

Same here, although I'm quite happy with the Ulimaker 2 I bought recently. Very solid machine.