I have a CTC FDM Printer (Makerbot Replicator 2 clone). When printing, there is melted filament that oozes out slowly at the top of the nozzle, where it screws in to the hot end. It's not a fast leak, but it gloops up over time, and on longer print jobs, it starts either dripping onto the project, or causing spider web stringing. I have replaced the old nozzle with a brand new nozzle, and made sure it was properly tightened.

Would it be possible / advisable to try putting a layer or two of Teflon tape around the threads of the nozzle that screw in to the hot end?
I researched, and found that the melting temperature of Teflon tape is 260C, and since I primarily run PLA, I wouldn't exceed 200-205C. Maybe with some PETG applications I would run as high as 250C.

I know I could just replace the entire hot end assembly, but that requires taking everything apart, and I am still rather novice at this. Also, I purchased this printer second hand, and it was already all assembled, so I do not have first hand knowledge of how to disassemble and reassemble.

Thank you for your assistance.

Radar