Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Any printer that has one of these will have a heated bed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/RepRap-3D-Pr...item19eebecdbd

And that is what most Prusa kits use so if you can see a picture of the printer and it looks like that... You'll have a heated bed. But really, the specifications for the printer should say if it has a heated bed.

Thanks roxy, would I simply be able to add the heated bed to one without it? Say... This one...

http://3dprinterczar.com/shop/3dprin...sa-i3/#reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Saunders View Post
    Thanks roxy, would I simply be able to add the heated bed to one without it? Say... This one...

http://3dprinterczar.com/shop/3dprin...sa-i3/#reviews
    You don't need to add a heated bed. It already has a heated bed. Did you read the technical specifications? It says it has a heated bed in two places:
    You should be good to go! And that does look like a nice printer!!! With free shipping!

Prusa i3 Technical Details

• 8″x8″x7.25″ (20cm x 20cm x 18cm) Build Envelope
    • RAMPS 1.4 Electronics
    • 6mm Acrylic Sheets as Side Support
    • 0.4mm J-head MK IV Hotend
    • 50 micron Layer Height Aachievable
    • MK2A Heated Build Platform
    • GT2 Pulley’s and Belts
    • 12V 15A Power Supply
    • Greg Frost’s Greg’s Extruder

Included in the Prusa i3 Package

Prusa i3 Electronics

Last edited by Roxy; 07-05-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Removed duplicated quote...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    You don't need to add a heated bed. It already has a heated bed. Did you read the technical specifications? It says it has a heated bed in two places:
    You should be good to go! And that does look like a nice printer!!! With free shipping!

Prusa i3 Technical Details

• 8″x8″x7.25″ (20cm x 20cm x 18cm) Build Envelope
    • RAMPS 1.4 Electronics
    • 6mm Acrylic Sheets as Side Support
    • 0.4mm J-head MK IV Hotend
    • 50 micron Layer Height Aachievable
    • MK2A Heated Build Platform
    • GT2 Pulley’s and Belts
    • 12V 15A Power Supply
    • Greg Frost’s Greg’s Extruder

Included in the Prusa i3 Package

Prusa i3 Electronics

Thanks for clearing that up, I couldn't find the tech specs? Anyways, it looks appealing. It seems to be a really fair price!
    Last edited by Roxy; 07-05-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Removed duplicate quote...

Uses laser cut acrylic sheets for frames? Guaranteed to develop stress cracks in 6 months. I would not recommend it. I do not see a current auction for a Aluminum Frame Prusa kit on ebay right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Uses laser cut acrylic sheets for frames? Guaranteed to develop stress cracks in 6 months. I would not recommend it. I do not see a current auction for a Aluminum Frame Prusa kit on ebay right now.
    I thought that was Plexi-Glass. Are acrylic sheets different than Plexi-Glass? Plexi-Glass would be OK, right?

Matt, JohnA would certainly know more about this than me! Please pay attention to his advice!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Ahh and this is why I come on the forums, solid advice that I wouldn't have caught otherwise. I'll peak around for one that is aluminum, at a reasonable price!

Engineer
    plexi-glass is just a tradename for acrylic. same thing roxy.

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    Have you looked at the SeemeCnc.com RoStock. Its a Deltabot kit and people are loving it for $1000. I bought the Delta Orion assembled for $1350 and love mine. My next printer will be the kit though.

Staff Engineer
    They aren't promising delivery on those "Cobblebots" until next year, and that's if everything goes according to plan. Are you sure you wouldn't rather get something that's been out for a while and has a track record? Or failing that, at least a machine that's being shipped now, and not at some point in the misty future?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234