Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Here's a pic that shows the Y idler and how there's nothing to keep the belt from rubbing against the i3v's wooden brackets. I measure about 10.5mm spacing between brackets.. I'd like to find something like this idler pulley, but it'd have to be sized for the smaller MR125 5x12x4mm bearings used in the i3v. We don't have the vertical height needed for the larger 625 5x16x5mm bearings used by that pulley without notching the main frame panel a bit.

EDIT: Frankly, I think another flaw in the design of the i3v is the way the i3v idler is mounted to the flat side of a piece of plywood. The slightest amount of flex in the forward plate will have a significant effect on the belt tension. I encourage those with an i3v to observe how the belt sags when you press even slightly on the front of the plywood plate. Whatever idler system I retrofit will likely also add a brace across the forward plate to keep it from flexing. There's a similar concern with the Y motor mount at the rear, but there the motor at least has an added brace that will provide some partial support.
    So I think what you are saying is you want to print up a pair of these pulley bushings that are the right size and put your bearing inside it???

Check out the attachment in Open_SCAD. This is what is used on my i3 printer to keep the belts aligned.
    Attached Files Attached Files