Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by innovestment View Post
    Thank you Inventery for your reply. I did get the STL after a few minutes. It was going through a yahoo address on the iPad so probably Yahoo was being slow.

The STL file did look good as well. $3.99 is definitely worth it if it can even help me make one object more easily. I'll check out the video to see what I can learn from it. If it makes sense it'll be nice to be able play around when only the iPad is available. Usually I use Android devices but the family quite likes the iPad and I do appreciate the extra effort app developers like yourself take to make things easy in that platform.

A few more questions, do you have a forum for the app? Since you just released the app, what has the response been like so far? Finally, was the Parthenon-like model actually crated in the app?
    Hi Innovestment,

Thanks so much for your comments and welcome to Morphi! We're glad you're happy with your STL file and in-app purchase. We want the app to be a welcoming space for people to create and we're striving to make it as accessible and affordable as possible. As part of our growing platform, we will also offer more cool paid shape/text packs to expand the design capabilities.

For immediate guidance on Morphi's tools and features, please check out the instruction videos by pressing the Guide button in the Gallery. The videos are short (most under 2 mins) and built-in the app so you don't need wifi. You can also watch them on https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...kFiqbVwPHnqKW5 and http://www.morphiapp.com/ if that is preferable. We will be adding more quick tutorials in the upcoming weeks highlighting different 3D modeling and printing skills and demonstrating how to make certain models.

For all Android lovers...we're still in development on our Android tablet app and should have that out in the next few weeks/months. Stay tuned!

Yes, we'd like to create a place where users can share knowledge about Morphi and we're currently exploring the best ways to accomplish that.

We released Morphi publicly on Wednesday (June 28, 2014) and so far the response has been great. As a small independent developer with our first release, we're just getting started. Still, we're happy that the app has had global appeal - having been downloaded around the world!

All of the models you see in the app were made in Morphi, including the Parthenon which was made using cylinders and cubes/cuboids. Our copy and alignment tools made it very easy to design. Try it yourself! Also, if you have time, please take a look at our other 3D models and prints on our Instagram page. http://instagram.com/morphiapp#

We're excited to see what you will make in Morphi! Until we can enable sharing, please feel free to send us pictures/videos of your favorite models.

All best,

The Inventery

Student
    Ok, I bought the app and after playing around with it a bit more and Tinkercad, I have to say it has some nice features. Being able to subtract any shape from any other is great. As a test I wanted to build a small round bottle similar to what one would see holding a potion in a game. This involves subtracting one sphere from another, a hollow cylinder and a little donut for the lip on the bottle. Once I get it done I'll try to post it somewhere. With a quick search I did find this one (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:208592) that is almost completely doable in Morphi, the only hard part would be the dent in the bottom.
    Hi again,

We're happy that you are getting to know Morphi's tools.

To make your bottle flat on the bottom, all you need to do is:

• drag down a cube
    • select and resize it
    • position it at the bottom of the sphere using the alignment tools (see image 1, you'll need to select both objects for the alignment tools to pop up)
    • once it's properly positioned, press subtract (see image 2).

To hollow out the new flat bottom sphere, you can:

• copy and shrink it so that it can fit within the original sphere
    • use the alignment tools to center align it against the original sphere (see image 3)
    • press subtract.

Instead of the cylinder, you can also try the cone shape and play around with the Diameter 1 and Diameter 2 sliders (image 4). The angles are a bit softer.

We made your bottle too (see image 5). We hope this helps - enjoy!

Cheers,
    The Inventery,
    Attached Images Attached Images

One of the designs I made is a set of interlinking blocks and I'm wondering how the stl will work if objects overlap in 3d space. I don't have my printer yet and haven't played with any slicing software.

A snap-to-grid feature would also be really helpful as I wouldn't mind everything snapping to 1mm or 0.25 mm for example.
    Last edited by innovestment; 06-03-2014 at 11:22 PM.

Student
    One of the designs I made is a set of interlinking blocks and I'm wondering how the stl will work if objects overlap in 3d space. I don't have my printer yet and haven't played with any slicing software.

A snap-to-grid feature would also be really helpful as I wouldn't mind everything snapping to 1mm or 0.25 mm for example.
    Hey Innovestment,

Without seeing your model it's hard to predict exactly how it will print. As you probably know, 3D modeling for 3D printing is its own art form. Many factors have to be taken into account and often models need to be adjusted for optimal 3D printing. For instance, check out this phone/business card holder we made in Morphi. We designed the model one way but later adjusted it for printing, with great results.

On grid snapping, we tried to keep it simple in our first version of Morphi so we have not included full scale snap to grid settings. Of course, we can re-look at this for the next version if it makes sense. We do have a simple flat on grid button which allows users to select a floating object or group of objects and press that button to have the floating object or group sit directly on the grid. With each press, the object or group can be rotated 90 degrees.

Thanks again for your comments and hope this is helpful!

The Inventery

image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12