Close

Wierd problem with MF PLA

Hi everyone, I have a 8'' i3v and I've had nothing but good experiences so far.

I'm using the factory settings on most prints, simply slowing down for others that are more complicated. I'm using all MF pla and the all metal hex end.

I'm having a strange problem though... I can print anything in Blue or glow in the dark PLA... Just did 27 hour print on the Rhomball with the glow in the dark. pumped out 20 prints in the last few days with regular blue.

For some reason the MF silver PLA is grinding out due to clogging after about an hour... I tried raising and dropping the MF recommended temps... started at 225 went to 230 then to 220... same result every time. I also had this same problem with JET pla awhile back. I get about an hour of printing before it fails

Anyone having trouble with the Silver PLA? really stumping me.

Occasionally you get a roll of plastic that causes problems. Most of the times you can figure out what it takes to make it work. But with that said, I've sent back a couple rolls of plastic that I never did figure out.

220 and 230 seem pretty hot for PLA. Maybe it isn't really that hot and your calibration is off??? With the PLA that hot the nozzle shouldn't be getting clogged if you are really feeding it. I wonder if you are having trouble with the feed mechanism? Can you print at 195? Does that work? If so, maybe you should try a print at a lower temperature and see what happens?