Close

Engineer

3D Printed Wall of Moving Penises

Ok, now this has to take the cake for the most unusual thing that has ever been 3D Printed. It is a moving wall of 85 3d printed white penises. What's the point, Im not entirely sure, but I guess you can say it's a bit creative, maybe too creative. The wall is the work of Peiqi Su, a student at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, and when asked why she created this elaborate piece of art she replied, "Because I could."

"The penis is so different!" Peiqi Su explains on the ITP website. "This is my initial motivation, to study one of the oldest and probably the most attractive thing that humans interact with."

As you can clearly see in the video each penis is able to move on its own, and is made from several 3d printed pieces in a white plastic material. If that is not impressive enough, the wall can use an ultrasonic distance sensor to be programs to help visualize data. Check out the video and pictures provided below:

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    I guess the old saying "Bums to the wall" doesn't apply here..

XD

Oh My Lord! First they put condoms on display in the supermarket, now this! What's next?

OME

Great quote as to why she did it: "Because I could." Superb.

-Crawford

Staff Engineer
    "This is my initial motivation, to study one of the oldest and probably the most attractive thing that humans interact with."

That's a rather bold statement of opinion...

Also this (especially that image of the guy with the goofy grin while staring at it.) will forever color my opinion of NYU grads.

I'm not saying it's wrong! Just that it will be very difficult for me to take anything from NYU seriously when that image is associated with it in my mind.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    "This is my initial motivation, to study one of the oldest and probably the most attractive thing that humans interact with."

That's a rather bold statement of opinion...

Also this (especially that image of the guy with the goofy grin while staring at it.) will forever color my opinion of NYU grads.

I'm not saying it's wrong! Just that it will be very difficult for me to take anything from NYU seriously when that image is associated with it in my mind.
    Yeah, I took her work reasonably seriously until she said that.