is that a lot of hours?
    asking $750

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    hi all
    im looking at a used flashforge with 75 hours onit
    is that a lot of hours?
    asking $750
    It's not a huge amount of hours, but that's of course if he has not reset it and clocked another 75 hours! I had done just over 1000 hours in 18 months, so 75 is not exactly small, but it's not massive.

They are not like a car's odometer. They can be reset to 0 whenever you like. I am not saying he did, but you can do it from the front panel, and also when restoring firmware, so personally for that price I would buy a new one - not that much more and you get a brand new one with full warranty. They have awesome support.

Student
    thanks Geoff
    after I post this I came to the same thing for $200 more bucks I get full warranty and Awesome support

I was looking at that mankati printer too but id like to stay around a grand for a budget.
    Last edited by charlie; 05-20-2014 at 11:01 AM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    thanks Geoff
    after I post this I came to the same thing for $200 more bucks I get full warranty and Awesome support

I was looking at that mankati printer too but id like to stay around a grand for a budget.
    I would love the mankati, that looks really really good, but like yourself for the first one that was about my budget, $1k-$1200, and looking at makerbots for $2500... and hearing how bad the new gen5 is, you won't regret buying a flashforge, I can't recommend the new creatorX as I don't have one, but as far as I can tell it's identical but with a metal casing, which is cool but not sure it's worth the extra $500.. the dual extruder flashforge pretty much is a grand now, which really.. its pretty good value considering.

Student
    thanks Geoff

with a warranty and tech support looks like flashforge creator for me maybe after a bit I could figure out how to run a duel print
    could you point me to potential upgrades..?
    Last edited by charlie; 05-22-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    thanks Geoff

with a warranty and tech support looks like flashforge creator for me maybe after a bit I could figure out how to run a duel print
    could you point me to potential upgrades..?
    I have just started a thread for that very thing

I also have a dual extruder script I run to make both nozzles print 2 objects at the same time which i will also post.