Close

Anyone have multiple 3D Printers?

Does anyone here own more than 1 3D printer? I have a Replicator and am thinking about adding a 2nd to my collection. Was wondering if anyone thinks its a good idea to have more than one printer, so that you can print multiple items at once. Do you suggest getting the same 2nd printer or getting something that can do different things. I was thinking about adding a Form 1 to my collection so I can use it for more detailed prints.

Yancy - I have two 3D printers - an Afinia that is about 1 year old and a FlashForge Creator with two print heads.

I bough the FlashForge due to its larger print area.

The best part of having two is not being out of production when one or the other has repair issues.

dave

Staff Engineer
    If the printer you've got works, and you don't need extra production capability, I'd say get one with different abilities. I like my Form 1, also my B9 creator and my ZCorp Spectrum 510. They are all used for different sorts of projects. I've been considering getting a FDM-style printer, but have been holding out for one with a large build area that can print with soluble supports.

Andrew Werby
    Juxtamorph.com

Student
    Guys,

Do you have any comparison features list for the printers you have? So to say pros and cons.. I know that there is a lot of information in the Internet, but it is better to get most accurate knowledge from people who really used those devices.

Mike