Hi everyone, newbie to 3d printing, got my printer 2 weeks ago and already hooked! Have done so much from printing mounts etc.. for upgraded bits on printer to repairing dishwasher and printing some spacers for blinds in bedroom.

I purchased a Leshp Z1 as my first 3D printer I bought it more as an introduction into 3D printing and to see what sort of quality you get from the cheapest printer I could find (?83 from ebay).

I am very impressed with the printer as is, never expected to get the quality of prints I have got from this printer done a few upgrades (bearings, belts, power supply & mosfets). I've even had good ABS prints from it with no warping or cracking.

Biggest draw back of the printer comes down to control board, firmware is extremely basic and board itself is limited so decided to throw in a new board, was originally thinking of a MKS 1.4 or MKS Sbase however have decided to go all in and get a Duet WiFi.

My main question is will it be worth putting this board in a cheap machine? The frame itself seems fine and seen little wobble from it with prints coming out straight. I am not sure what steppers it has (will look it up when I get chance to check machine) but cant imagine them being anything special. I was impressed it came with a V6 clone hot end and bowden extruder.

I understand that with cheaper hardware I will not get the full potential of the board but would there be any benefit to using this instead of the cheaper MKS 1.4 / Sbase?