Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by crowbar View Post
    You can also blame the "media" for giving them the outlet to pre-spam their spam.
    This blog being "the media", I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LambdaFF View Post
    Well, something happend to little David on the way to the KS playground. Met Goliath maybe ?
    I'm pretty sure that's a result of their choice of extrusion system. Moving the build plate is easier than moving that extruder system.

I didn't see any answers to my concerns yet. I guess there's another teaser, then the Kickstarter, assuming they answer it at all. I'd love to see them build a part with widely spaced islands on it, to see if they do retraction. I'm thinking they probably don't.

Hey guys, Sculptify has just launched their Kickstarter campaign for their pellet 3D printer, David. The campaign can be found here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...in-3d-printing

More details on the launch can be found at an article I just wrote about the company and the printer here: http://3dprint.com/12407/sculptify-kickstarter-pellets/

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    The concept is great, but their print quality leaves alot to be desired, and the cost of pellets is now not far off a roll of plastic, I wonder how well it goes mixing pellets?

Staff Engineer
    If they had an example of using the ground up chunks of a failed print, then I would be all over this. But it seems to work with only very consistently sized pellets.

I suppose ease of use with flexible and rubbery materials is a definite plus, but it doesn't seem like enough to set it apart from other printers in its price range.

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    i guess this printer will be more like a ¨testing¨ machine for future technologis, it wont be the first one out there but i guess the first one to entirely use pellets

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12