Close

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    Add printbus on Thingiverse
    NEW APPROACH FOR THE HEXAGON HOT END SHROUD
    Finally came up with my own shroud design for the hexagon hot end that should do a better cooling job than the stock shroud, and shouldn't have a tendency to melt and drip onto the print bed or a print. See http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:693913 for STL files. Two styles are provided - both use a 25mm fan like the 3CFM Sunon MAGlev MC25101V2-000U-A99 fan. One style mounts the fan flush to the shroud, and the other style angles the fan exhaust upwards by 10 degrees to clear the heated bed area.

Last edited by printbus; 05-03-2015 at 04:19 PM. Reason: migrated to offsite image storage due to 3DPrintBoard issues

This looks very interesting. I am going to take a look at how this could work with my current setup. (wanting to add a PLA cooling fan as well so will see how that can integrate with my plans for that.)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    This looks very interesting. I am going to take a look at how this could work with my current setup. (wanting to add a PLA cooling fan as well so will see how that can integrate with my plans for that.)
    Like the stock 40mm fan, this won't work with the clough42 print cooler system, if that's what you're thinking of using. With the stock fan, you couldn't really even try to use the clough42 cooler since the cooler would block the top of the hot end fan. That's not a negative for the clough42 cooler - it wasn't intended to be used with the stock hot end fan. With this hot end shroud and fan, the clough42 print cooler could at least be adapted to mount on top of the flat plate for this shroud. As a minimum, you'd have to modify the mount for the clough42 cooler so that the hinge joint is farther away from the extruder base. It may also be desirable to extend the print cooling shroud the same amount to maintain the same distance from the nozzle.

In my case, I didn't track down one of the fans clough42 recommended for use with his print cooling shroud, and found the backpressure from the narrow outlet shroud resulted in little cooling airflow with the fans I had on hand. I then migrated to the side-mounted blower, which IMO is a more effective and also lighter approach to a print cooler. I have a few other ideas related to the print cooler that I haven't gotten around to yet.

Yeah I am not sure what way I want to go.... I need to see what fans I have lying around.....
    I don't have a clough42 sized fan either.
    I also want to have some lights installed to see the hot end better. Might have to come up with my own weird design.
    I do like your side print cooler.

Hi all

A few weeks ago I made a word doc with the infos of Printbus.

Saddly I deleted the digital file. But here is a rough scan of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h55wdbg6gx...Build.pdf?dl=0

I hope that is ok for you Printbus?!?

BR
    PGX3S

Quote Originally Posted by pgx3s View Post
    A few weeks ago I made a word doc with the infos of Printbus. Saddly I deleted the digital file. But here is a rough scan of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h55wdbg6gx...Build.pdf?dl=0

I hope that is ok for you Printbus?!?
    Too bad you deleted the Word file. This is actually a good thing, since 3DPrintBoard is currently having technical issues and many of the images are no longer viewable in the thread.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    3DPrintBoard is currently having technical issues and many of the images are no longer viewable in the thread.
    Do you not have the images still on your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Do you not have the images still on your computer?
    I do, but I'm waiting on responses from 3dprintboard regarding their plans to correct the issue before I try to restore the images or salvage what I can from 3dprintboard and move it somewhere more reliable. (hint, hint, 3dprintboard)

I've noticed that the regulars around here have not been as active in the posts as in the past...

Engineer
    As an owner of an 8 inch i3v, I pass by the posts regarding the larger printers, which more and more people are using these days. They're outside my experience, as are the RAMBO and RUMBA board posts.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast