Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    Msmnick, check out this thread, some of the same questions about upgrades have been posted and answered . http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...rinter-Ordered.
    Thanks for jumping in, Todd. Thanks to Rob as well for the response that came in while I was editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Msmnick View Post
    This is a wonderful read for me, I've looked at a number of printers, and I'm intrigued by the prusa I3v line, I'm pretty well set on a 10/12" model. At this point, I haven't ruled out more expensive printers, but like the idea of building it myself to get a feel for the printer, as well as its community base.
    Thanks for the feedback. I don't regret my MakerFarm choice a bit. It's a great way to go, especially as a learning experience. The community here is top notch. Along with superb customer support from MakerFarm, the level of support is hard to beat.

I've been considering adding a few components to the assembly out of the box so I can do it on first assembly rather than later, though indubitably I will have to do this in the future, anyway. I was considering the kysan motors as one such addition. Do you have any recommendations on parts to add to the initial build either due to increased quality, or difficulty in adding them at a later time?
    Msmnick, I tend to avoid that question. Not everyone has the same expectations for their printer or print results. Everyone has a different level of fortitude, time and budget they're willing to throw at their 3D printer. I also think it can be beneficial to start with the basics and enhance the printer as experience grows or as issues come up. If you were building the 8-inch, I'd highly suggest doing something different for the lacking Z-endstop switch mount - I'll offer that much. Feel free to PM me or visit with whoever is around on the Makerfarm IRC chat if you want to discuss thoughts on specific mods.

On the Kysans, I can't say that they are a value added benefit on the newer kits. Older kits shipped with a different motor that didn't really fit the 12V printer application very well, with an issue that they ran extremely hot. That's the main reason why mine were replaced. Newer kits ship with more appropriate motors that don't run hot.
    Last edited by printbus; 02-02-2015 at 05:07 PM.