Hi fellow solidoodlers.

I made this thread to get a place to group all the solidoodle upgrades that we may stumble upon.

I have a couple of things to show you as a threadstarter.
The following is improvements that i use myself:

Improvement for excellent adhesion on hotbed

IMG_20131028_180114.jpg
This one is very easy, grab some grit 120 sandpaper and just sand the Kapton in circles. This will give a much larger area for the material to bind on.
It will also leave your prints matte instead of shiny on the bottom.
Remember to clean off bed from kapton dust afterwards, here i used isopropyl/rubbing alcohol and some TP.

Better insulation of heatbed
IMG_20131028_180121.jpg
Here i added som aluminum foil (shiny side up) to better disperse the heat coming out the bottom of the heatpad, then a layer of cardboard followed by the original insulation.

Z-antibacklash
IMG_20131028_180316.jpg
After seeing people making different versions of antibacklash assemblies for the Solidoodle 3, i thought that it was a very good idea And being the metric kind of guy i made a nut on the lathe which has the UNC thread but on a 14mm hex stock.

Y-axis roller carriage
IMG_20131028_180229.jpg
After a lot of failed prints due to skipping in the Y-axis. I decided to find out what was causing it... it turned out that the carriage on the right side of the printer can actually tilt around the 8mm bar. So i made this carriage addition that replaces the upper PTFE cube with 2 roller bearings.
I afterwards uploaded this here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:171252

Y-axis spindle slip limitation
IMG_20131028_180338.jpg
I flipped the belt gears around so that the side with the screw points to the side of the machine and secured it so that the spindle can no longer slip sideways.