Close

Print has consistent gaps in side walls

Hello all,
    I currently printing a project which is a basic simple cylinder with a base, it is part of larger project.

My printer is a Prusa MK2/S.
    I use Prusa's version of Slic3r
    I make simple 2d images in illustrator, which I save as SVG and then
    I push and pull them into 3D objects in Fusion 360.
    I typically print through Prusa's Pronterface interface rather then using the memory card slot.

The problem I am having is when the printer is laying out the layers it pauses for a half second and then skips a section and continues to lay down filament.
    On some prints it just happens in the fist few layers on others it happens through the entire print, leaving big gaps in the print.
    It isn't a problem with the printer, because I have printed other older files and they are fine, this is something new.
    I used to have a similar issue when using Cura so this is why I switched to Prusa's version of Slic3r and until about a week ago I wasn't having these issues.

The gaps are always consistent, they are always on sidewalls, never on infill, the gaps never wander or stop and then start up again. It either starts and happens for a few rows and then stops or it's through the whole print.
    The printer nozzle begins by laying out the firstlayer loop perfectly, then it stops and skips over closing it, which leaves a little tail that sometimes gets caught by the print head on the following pass and then pulls up the print.

I am convinced the issue lies with transferring the 2d image from Illustrator to Fusion 360, but is not visible in Slic3r like some defects are.
    I have had artifacts in designs when transferring SVG's from illustrator to Fusion before and it usually solves itself if I build the shape by hand, which sometimes takes a crazy amount of time.
    But even that isn't working this time around, as there are no visible artifacts and the SVG from Illustrator transfers into Fusion smoothly and then from Fusion to Slic3r without any issues.

I have no idea how to correct this and it is driving me crazy.

If anyone could please offer some ideas, that would be awesome.

- Update -
    I tried increasing the wall thickness by 2 perimeters (0.8mm) and this took care of the gaps.
    I don't normally print thin walled items (to me anything under 1.5 or 1.6 is thin), but even with the added 0.8mm, the wall thickness was only 0.8mm. The original wall thickness should have been 1.2mm and with the added 0.8 this should have bumped it up to 1.6mm.
    I have to go back and figure out what I did wrong.

The cylinder that printed was perfect, just way too thin...