Hey Guys and Gals!

I need some opinions please.
Initially I intended to build a 3d printer from scratch and I kind of failed. I went wild and bought parts left right and center and ran into some fundamental issues. I realized that buying accessories and brackets that mount onto 20x20 Alu extrusion alone will not work. Small problems like 8UU bearing housing slided onto an 8mm chrome rod mounted with a steel rod mount is lower than the rod mount it self which means the bed wont clear and a few other stupid problems like that.

So I went and got my self an Anet6 , I have only had it for about little less than 2 months. Now that I have an Anet A6 I can complete the initial printer.

I started off designing and printing the parts that I needed, couple of prototypes later and things a looking great! But now I developed some doubts. I spent allot of time designing the parts and fee I dont want to continue if its a waste. I keep thinking I should have rather built a Prusa I3 Mk2 clone.

In the end I want to be able to share all the parts that I have designed with people so that they can easily make their own printer. But That kind of re-invents the prusa wheel. I know plenty people who would like to get into 3d printing but just dont have the cash.
My design is cheap and you dont need specialized tools or services such as laser cut frames.

Below I have some pictures. What do you think ? I have some doubts on the design not sure if its going to make a good printer and I'm considering canning it for the prusa i3. Laser cutting the frame will be an issue for me as I dont find any companies that's willing to do small jobs.

Untitled3.jpg
Untitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpg
Cheers