Close

hollow shape printing solid, with some other distortions (possibly supports related?)

Hi all,

I've been trying to print this model on my Moonray printer (DLP type, castable resin from Sprintray, printed at 50 micron setting), and I am having some issues with this model, which as you see, is supposed to be hollow (see top view, which is actually bottom view. Basically it's the bubbly shape with a 1mm wall, it looks sort of complicated inside, but that's all it is - just an offset of the shape)

Attachment 11391

What is happening is it is printing solid, and also has some other distortion issues. I initially thought it was a problem with supports, and made sure there are supports on the perimeter of this thing, as well as inside the hollow shape, holding up its domes. So though the thing has what seems like a good amount of supports, it prints solid. AND distorted. I can't figure out what is going on, would really appreciate any ideas. Thank you!!

edit: P.S. sorry I think I put more images than the forum allows (5?), but I can't figure out how to remove the attached ones.

Attachment 11390Attachment 11393
    Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 7.18.13 PM.jpgIMG_6748.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Katerina; 04-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.