Close

View Poll Results: Did you back the Peachy Printer on Kickstarter?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 64.71%
  • No

3 17.65%
  • Still deciding

1 5.88%
  • Plan to soon

2 11.76%
    Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

Did you back the Peachy Printer on Kickstarter?

Did you back the Peachy Printer on Kickstarter?

I plan to as soon as I get paid

I'm still debating it. I'm glad that they keep adding information and videos to their KS. Would love to see some more videos before I put the $100+ down.

Jacoby

I backed it...but I'm starting to think I should back out. The project owner doesn't seem "organized" enough to run a million dollar project - and there are HUGE issues with the approach used in the Peachy. His evident inexperience with Kickstarter is very worrying - so is running an Indiegogo project at the same time. I'm also hugely concerned that there is no video of the machine rendering a "normal" object.

backing it now!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DGeek View Post
    I backed it...but I'm starting to think I should back out. The project owner doesn't seem "organized" enough to run a million dollar project - and there are HUGE issues with the approach used in the Peachy. His evident inexperience with Kickstarter is very worrying - so is running an Indiegogo project at the same time. I'm also hugely concerned that there is no video of the machine rendering a "normal" object.
    I can understand your concerns, but the way I see it: Kickstarter is really a good place for first timers to receive funding for their ideas. The people that come up with these idea's are not usually people that are business savvy, so it's very expected that the campaign will be unorganized. The perks we get from backing these projects are very similar to the perks that big time publishers get for funding a project (just that the money amounts are usually larger for them), there is always a risk that you won't get the perk or it won't be everything you expected, it all comes down to assessing whether the risk is worth it.