Hi guys,

I've been on the hunt lately for some specific types of filament and I think it would be interesting to have a discussion about this for ourselves as well as anyone searching on this subject in the future.

I've been looking for glossy finish filament (off the print bed, no treatment) and I've found a few brands from Beaver3D, Suntop, and a Canadian company. I've got a couple orders placed so I'm looking forward to reporting back on these. I seem to find the word "silk" used heavily in describing high gloss filaments but I'm not finding a wide color spectrum to choose from.

The thing I seem to notice is that the glossier a filament is the less opaque it is. This is based on limited experience as I've only used a few brands. I currently use Matterhackers PRO PLA and it looks pretty good as it is designed to have more colorant in it to increasee opacity. However, this leaves a very low gloss matte finish. Almost a dry look.

Setting aside any specialty filaments in limited color choices what would you say your shiniest and most opaque filament brand is? Preferably a PLA sold in the US that has a wide color range of choices.

I try to stock every color and a light and dark of each and having something that is shiny (like wet looking if possible) but not very see-through is very desirable for final finish with as little treatment as possible.