Close

Threaded View

Technician

Odd bubbly type of first layer in only a few spots

I've got an odd bubbling issue on my first layer I'm trying to rectify. It is only the first layer that does this.. I am running a maker select w/ 1.75 PLA. I have re-leveled and also replaced the tape. ation in certain areas (I replaced tape and it got beter but still there (See pics below). I think the fact that Lowered my bed temp to 30C may be part of it. I did this to combat elephant foot and it has helped significantly so i'd like to work around it (I did also aising z axis offset did not help enough before it was too high to adhere). However as you can see this first layer issue isn'tconsistent by any means so I don't think Z height is the issue. I'm running a .40mm nozzle w/ 90% extrusion multiplier, 60mm print/ 80mm feed first layer (Throttled 50% for first layer so I assume that reduces both travel and print speed to 30 print/40 feed?) Subsequent layers are all consistent. I don't think I'm over extruding but perhaps your keen eyes see or know something I don't.

Also I don't seem to see any significant extrude temp changes either. Maybe 1/2 a degree.

Thanks much

Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images