I've never owned a 3D printer before. Heck, I've never even USED one ... but I sure as heck WANT one. I've been watching YouTube videos, trying to learn as much as I can prior to purchase. Can anyone tell me anything about Simpify3D software?

There's a couple of free programs I have, but it seems like it's taking an ENORMOUS amount of work to do even simple things. Let me tell you some of what I want to do:

1: I want to be able to manipulate objects in 3D. That is, if I have a gear, connected to another gear, is there a program that will show me what happens if I rotate them?
a. I have a gear. I have a long bar. I've joined the two together. I'd like to have another gear interface with the first, so I can push a lever that rotates the 1st gear, which then, in turn
rotates the 2nd, which (because it's attached to the bar) rotates the bar.
2: I want to take a 3D design (such as the U.S.S. Enterprise), and cut off certain parts - leaving me, say, with just the saucer. Then, I want to be able to create new parts to be "added" on top of the saucer (equal creations, left to right). I also want to be able to combine parts from OTHER 3D models.
3: I'd like to be able to take a 3D model of a figure - say, a Warrior with a sword - and make slight modifications to it - delete a beard or add one; change the size or shape of the sword; change the armor (if I have other armor to meld in over the 1st set).
4: I know Simplify3D will show me a preview of the print, slice by slice, and allow me to change the infill. Can it do any of the other things I've mentioned?

I'm not sure I'm explaining myself well, but I sure could use some pointers.