Hello all,

I am trying to decide between ordering a CR-10S or waiting and getting the Prusa MK3 when it comes out.

Primarily, I want to use the printer to make board game organizers. After that, I would be interesting in making miniatures (even if they aren't highly detailed) and other miscellaneous stuff just for fun. I put together a list of dimensions and most of the board games I own have boxes with at least one dimension that is 11.8", which means that the CR-10s would be able to do it in one piece, whereas with the MK3 I would have to print in pieces and glue them together. Beyond that though, it seems the the Prusa MK3 is a better printer overall (or at least that seems to be the perception, correct me if i'm wrong).

I have a couple of questions that might help me figure out which one to go with, hopefully you guys can help advise.
  1. If i were to print things in multiple pieces with the MK3, how difficult is it to glue them together? Will it hold over time?
  2. Is there any noticeable difference in print quality between the CR-10 and the MK3 once they are both calibrated correctly?
  3. It seems that smaller nozzles will allow for higher levels of detail with prints (for miniatures). Are both printers capable of using smaller nozzles successfully?
  4. As i said, the community perception seems to be that the Prusa is a better overall printer. Why is this exactly? Are the print results better? Is it just easier to use? More features? Better parts?

Any help is appreciated. I'm also open to other printer suggestions, if you think there are better options available for my needs.