I may end up with a 3LCD projector. I've been thinking of how to modify it for resin printing. I looked at some examples of people who made their own 4K projectors using a single UHD LCD with good results, but this wasn't for 3d printing, just for viewing in UHD.

For a printer, only monochrome is needed. So only one of the 3 LCDs would be needed. The white light is separated by wavelength filters in Red, Green, and Blue before it is supplied to the respective LCD's. I'm guessing these also filter out UV light. Seems pretty easy to me, to take out these filters / prisms, and replace with two mirrors to focus all of the light through the center LCD. Then either use a UV pass filter in front of the bulb so the one LCD that is being used doesn't now have to process three times as much light, or do a ballast bypass and replace with a UV Led around 405nm. The filters/prisms are just flat pieces of what looks like glass. Easy enough to cut some mirrors the same size.

If the prisim that usually combines the three LCD outputs happens to filter UV, I don't see why that can't be removed as well. If this burns out LCD's quicker, that's OK, there are two more sitting there as spares, not being used.

I've heard that DLP mirrors do not like UV light, and burn out much faster, resulting in spots on the screen. Also, I've heard that LCD's can "bleed" light. I don't know if I should try the 3LCD. Has anyone else tried it in a way similar to the method I described above? It seems intuitive to me that this would be a good way to do it, however I don't know if anyone has succeeded. It seems like everyone is using DLP projectors.

Thoughts?