Hi everyone,

I’m new to this forum. I’m new to 3D printing. I want to build a Stereolithography printer.

Right now I’m in the design phase, figuring out exactly what I want to do. The software and hardware will be new to me.

My question for today is about using two projectors. I want to have a fairly large build area. I am wondering if I can use two projectors to get achieve an acceptable resolution. I don’t know if the software I will need to use to slice the model and make the picture images can support this, it seems like Creation Workshop is a popular choice? Also the software that controls the motion (is this also Creation Workshop?) and coordinates the projector flashes, will it support using two projectors? Obviously I would need to align the projectors and there would need to be a small overlap in the images.

I will be using a top down approach, so an LCD screen is out of the picture.

Has anyone ever done this before? Is there a build log I can follow somewhere? Are dual projectors an option in any of the software? Or perhaps I need a special graphics card that can automatically split the images irrespective of the 3d printing software?

Any info or advice is appreciated!