Close

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    as mike said... you only need to generate a drip pulse. Not too hard to do (in fact, just touching the 2 cables).
    Last edited by nka; 05-08-2014 at 12:19 PM.

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    It can interface with the standard peachy using a picaxe chip, which reads the y output and pulses the mic input of the Peachy as if it was a drip. But an absolutely accurate drip.
    I would not have thought of that, very simple way of doing it. How do you figure mounting the sensor so that it doesn't drift away from or stick against the side of the container/scale?

Engineer-in-Training
    Mount the peachy printer on a float and the mouse chip. A reasonably tight fit in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_biddell View Post
    It can interface with the standard peachy using a picaxe chip, which reads the y output and pulses the mic input of the Peachy as if it was a drip. But an absolutely accurate drip.
    since I'm a complete noob when it comes to microproccesers, can you elaborate more?

Engineer-in-Training
    yeah...... u can create your own chips using visual basic and picaxe chips. I am a big fan. You then programme them using a laptop and a serial link cable. They can do anything you tell them to. Very very easy to use. You would soon get into it. The dev/programming software is also free:-
    http://www.picaxe.com/Software/PICAX...amming-Editor/

Engineer-in-Training
    We can go completely closed loop Z control, by having the same picaxe chip turn a pump like the one Pete suggested ON and OFF. So the Picaxe could turn the pump ON and quickly allow 2 thou of fluid into the tank, send the drip pulse to the mic input, then turn OFF and harden that layer, then ON again and so forth. All using the basic Peachy.
    Last edited by mike_biddell; 05-09-2014 at 03:22 AM.

I'm working on something like that. Except, I wont be using a pump but a solenoid valve. Just waiting to see if the noise is acceptable (on/off each drip). Else, would take a variable valve, but they are not cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by nka View Post
    I'm working on something like that. Except, I wont be using a pump but a solenoid valve. Just waiting to see if the noise is acceptable (on/off each drip). Else, would take a variable valve, but they are not cheap.
    you might find it more acurate to use both, since water drop vary in sizeplacing a solonoid valve right at the end of your input tube to stop all water flowthe instand the desired level is reached would giv you far more accuracy, but in all I like where this train of thought is going, I'm looking into getting a PICAXE setup when I can get enough money together (currently laid off)

Technician
    I'm working on a solution for a pump with a standard peachy (I'm gonna upgrade my'n to USB so I'll have whatever control and feedback I want!). For the moment it will consist of circuitry so that you can feedback into audio and use the stock software. This does mean that the drips become mega size so the 'drips' will probably need be quite slow but because they're larger it shouldn't compromise the printing speed. For extra control, USB is the way forward (I'm convinced of it) once I get up and running with the standard, USB and the pump will be my first major hacks so I'll be sure to post the results.
    When I get a moment I'll splash down a circuit diagram and a partslist so you could get started building if you like. I'm hoping that everything will be achievable with moderate soldering skill, all through hole components and some stripboard.

Pete, in other word, you're builing the "Pro" Peachy" :P

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast