Hi folks. I joined the forum a while back having bought a 3d printer on ebay then promptly forgot I had done so. Maybe I could have saved a world of pain ! I've spent best part of a month fiddling with it and haggling with the seller to try and figure out whats amiss.

So the printer in question is far as I can see a clone of an i3 Prusa. Its a CTC (I can post a picture if it'll help - its described as "2017 CTC‘s Upgraded Full Quality High Precision Reprap Prusa i3 DIY 3d Printer"

I mean it sorta does what it says on the tin - but only vaguely. If I stick to real small things then its (usually) ok. Anything large is a taking big chance !

So, the issues (or the ones that come to mind):
I can only seem to print if I have the temperature at 215 or greater. Even then I get mixed results - it can print well for a good chunk of any given print but then as it gets near the top turns into plastic spaghetti sometimes worse than others.
I'm also seeing it randomly shift during a print - resulting in offset part of the model.

I also have had big problems with "clicking" from the extruder - and when its clicking its not putting plastic out and - well the rest is self explanatory !

Also the walls of the print are pretty "noisy".

I'm just wondering if this is kinda whats expected given the price (it was only £130 after all). Is it worth perservering or should I maybe bite the bullet and buy a genuine one ? Or maybe just paying more than £130 for one is the thing...

(Oh and Ive tried both slicer and Cura)

Simplfy 3d is meant to be very good - but its a chunk of change. Id splurge and buy it if needs be but something tells me it wont solve all my issues !

Any advice appreciated !