Close

Printrun Software

I have been running into a bit of an issue where I need to have extra controls and settings for my interface. I have worked up some custom software to monitor my printer while I use either Repetier and - not as extensively - Printrun.

I'm getting to my question, vague as it might be.

Has anybody had any success with adding interface items to the Pronterface Interface?
    My python is not as great as I would like. It extends to making small interfaces for Maya and Softimage to allow my team to avoid doing repetitive tasks, with buttons connected to other python scripts.

I'm building a printer with the ability to swap heads and would like the ability to change the head in the software without having to adjust a large amount of settings that involve speed and extrusion rate.

I hope this makes sense

Technologist
    Can you do this using the custom buttons function in Printrun? I know you can set up custom buttons to send g-code. Haven't tried it myself as I use Repetier. Just click on the little period at the bottom center of the Printrun GUI and it will bring up the dialogue.

That is a good idea, yes. I had that idea as well. I just found that I want more. Custom gcode buttons is what I have used before, but I found that I quickly grew out of it. I don't always want a one button solution. For example I want to be able to switch to a different method and then be able to change some settings when needed. The custom buttons allow for changes, that's true. Just hoping to switch to a different method with additional settings. I think I just repeated myself twice..... apologies.

Technologist
    If we could just combine Repetier and Printrun!

I'm in!

I was looking at Repetier and it's potential to change areas, and it's really only if you pay them $99/month for a year minimum can you get a little branding on the interface. But it still feels like there really is no control, so my next approach would be to find something that is open source and contribute to it.

I guess most of us just want to get to the printing. I want to as well, I just want to be able to now tweak the software involved.