Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnA136 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures, they look great. We had some laser cut plastic pieces in our old Cupcakes but they always developed stress cracks? My son is assembling the frame this weekend, it is open frame with no HBP so it will be a PLA printer. Honestly, this is an experimental printer since we have not built a Delta yet so we are going low budget. It will be an interesting piece for our collections, I hope to have it at Maker Faire NY this September.
    You are right, the acrylic looks nice but it's terrible fragile and I think also more noisy, could you post your source for the parts or did you design them yourself?

My son got them off github at reprap.org/wiki/Kossel. He did have to change a few pieces because he is getting a different type of rails and another user on reprap Irc said there was a better extruder so he is printing that as well. Waiting on some parts so the build is on hold until they arrive.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    The build looks great, from looking at your pictures it seems like you will be able to print stuff at a height of about 40cm? Thanks for the info about those printed parts, I will look into it ;o)

It has been interesting so far, can't wait to see it completed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technician
    It has been interesting so far, can't wait to see it completed.
    Is that an automatic retractable Z probe i'm seeing in the last shot?

Why yes, I believe it is . Since the build platform is stationary, we need a probe to set the extruder height.

I don't want people to think that just because we are in the midst of a build, we stop printing cool things!

handle.jpg

Technician
    [COLOR=#000080]Why yes, I believe it is . Since the build platform is stationary, we need a probe to set the extruder height.

I don't want people to think that just because we are in the midst of a build, we stop printing cool things!
    Sweet! Be careful with that lightsaber do ;o)

As promised, after delivery of the wrong parts, missing items and a defected print board, my son got it printing last night. Here is a short video of it's first print. Please excuse the mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ReU1SdOV3M

So it looks like time from printing parts, ordering stuff, building and printing is under two weeks. A little frustrating at times but now we can tweak things.

Happy Printing Everyone and Happy Mother's Day tomorrow!
    Last edited by JohnA136; 05-10-2014 at 07:17 AM.

Here is a picture of print number two. Seems to be working pretty good.

14154797075_bf11faa596_z.jpg

Technician
    Nice, seems to run pretty smooth judging by the YouTube movie. The noise is about the same as mine I'm guessing...
    Although I switch to Repertier and don't use auto calibration anymore (life is easier and I can do everything straight on the printer) I do find the probe system you used very nice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast