Close

Engineer

3D Printed Dragon MotorCycle From Orange County Choppers

I know this is an oldie, but also one of my favorite 3D prints of the last year or so. Orange County Choppers created this masterpiece of a bike for a Chinese client. The dragon head on this bike was printed by a 3D printer, and so were a few of the other pieces making up this giant dragon. It took a total of 84 hours to print. The sad thing is that after the head was done printing an accident in the workshop ruined it so the team had to 3D print an entirely new head, taking an additional 84 hours. This is the perfect application for 3D printing as it allowed the team at OC Chopper to customize the dragon as much as they wished.

The clients were extremely happy with the finished products. Just last month the bike was on display in a Chinese shopping mall in Nanjing, China. Those passing by were captivated by the design, stopping to take pictures, and posing by the fierce looking beast of a chopper. If I ever buy a motorcycle, this is the one I want. Too bad it would run me a couple hundred grand.

The bike was printed with a Stratasys Fortus 3D printer. The entire episode of Orange County Chopper, when they make this 3d printed bike can be seen here: http://www.cmt.com/videos/orange-cou...-episode.jhtml Check out some images and a video of the amazing creation here:

I loved that episode!

Technologist
    Follow RAMTechRob On Twitter
    They should make a Shark Bike and Jump it. Oh, wait, its too late.