Close

SLICE Crash / Inactive

Hello,
    I am trying to slice a moderately complex STL, but the export process hangs up at 62% for hours. How can I tell if SLICE has crashed, or whether its just taking a long time to process? The dots in the progress bar are still blinking/ cycling. My STL was 65mb, although it was a model formerly printed on a z-corp printer and that .ZBD was 720 mb. Any way to know whether or not my software is still running properly?

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    I have had the same problem, but with files smaller than that. We had to wait seven hours once, and then realized that we needed support...

My advice, try letting it run for a day or so if you can, maybe run it through the Netfabb cloud or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryAlabaster View Post
    I have had the same problem, but with files smaller than that. We had to wait seven hours once, and then realized that we needed support...

My advice, try letting it run for a day or so if you can, maybe run it through the Netfabb cloud or something.
    I have the exact same problem..
    everything seem to be normal but.. no progress.. jammed at 62% on a very large object (close to the full size of the printer) 24x19cm
    Last edited by Remi; 05-05-2014 at 12:32 PM.

Engineer-in-Training MysteryAlabaster's Avatar
    Follow MysteryAlabaster On Twitter
    Okay guys, I think I found something of interest to this thread.

We left the slice going for the rest of the day, and the next. At some point the next day it finished slicing the file, and we were able to get the .X3G to print.

So, I guess that it's a Makerware problem, and the only way to fix it with some files it to let it run for an obscenely long amount of time...