Close

Pirate3D Launches Thingiverse Competitor

Has anyone seen that Pirate3D has launched a new site that seems like a decent competitor to Thingiverse? the site is Treasure Island (http://treasure.is), and I must say I really like the layout. Whether it is a little too little too late to compete with Thingiverse, I don't know, but it looks like it has some potential.

It differs from Thingiverse in that people are allowed to sell items on the site as well as provide free designs (open source). So far, there isn't very much up there though. Hopefully the store builds quickly

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RitzLLS View Post
    Has anyone seen that Pirate3D has launched a new site that seems like a decent competitor to Thingiverse? the site is Treasure Island (http://treasure.is), and I must say I really like the layout. Whether it is a little too little too late to compete with Thingiverse, I don't know, but it looks like it has some potential.

It differs from Thingiverse in that people are allowed to sell items on the site as well as provide free designs (open source). So far, there isn't very much up there though. Hopefully the store builds quickly

It's a rubbish site, full of people ripping models off other people and posting them, and be sure i'll be going through every single one and making sure nothing of mine is for sale there.

Lol even on the front page the Octopus is made by Makerbot themselves and some other clakker is there uploading it.

Check out templatexchange.com, let me know what you guys think? I would appreciate any feedback, especially the bad kind

Quote Originally Posted by RayLarosa View Post
    Check out templatexchange.com, let me know what you guys think? I would appreciate any feedback, especially the bad kind
    Bad feedback??? There are only a handful of designs there. And there are only a few users there. But I helped you with the last issue!

Would mean so much to get a few designs on there. I need to clean up the spam on the forums, I need to know what you guys want to make this a great site to use. Incentives to upload? Any ideas?