I recently got a CR-10. After assembly, I did two test prints then the third failed. The hot end lost temp and dropped to room temperature. On a forum several people complained about the same problem. One person said they "jiggled" the wires and it worked again. I did the same and mine briefly came alive, then died and never got hot again. I decided to change the hot end heater.

Yesterday I replaced the heating element and the machine worked. I got two very nice prints. On the third print, the hot end heat again stopped heating and the print failed. Some info.

1. I saw the Temp suddenly begin to drop during the print, all the way to room temp. This should mean the Thermister is working as it registers the Temp dropping and displays room temps when it reaches that?

2. I checked my solder connections on the new heater I installed. They are good. (So were the solder connections on the original heater)

Could two heating elements really go bad like that or is it something else? I have no Idea what to check next. Someone suggested replacing the motherboard. That is the most expensive part of this machine. I'd like to be sure that is the problem before spending the money.

I bought a 10 pack of heaters, so I can change it 9 more times. But I wonder if there is something in the control that is killing them?