Close

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Are you using complete code bases? Or are you mixing and matching files? The reason I'm asking is if you use and old Pins.h with a new code base, the difference in the names is enough that those pins will be undefined and of course, the SD Memory card won't work!
    I'm using complete code bases, I learned the hard way years ago not to mix old configs with new ones. What get's me with this is usually you cannot use the sdcard functions at all, with this one I can read the sdcard but it just wont print them....

I know there have been some additions and changes to the SD Card code. But I don't use the SD Card stuff. It might be worth while to do a diff between the old and new code and see what you can spot. I don't think there have been that many changes so most likely it won't be too hard to spot. If you upload the source to the version that works, I can take a look too.

Not to confuse myself more than I already am, but take a look at this thread http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...s-enhancements

For some reason after making the changes for my printer, it compiles and it is also working, I can run a print directly from the sdcard now....

I know there have been some additions and changes to the SD Card code. But I don't use the SD Card stuff. It might be worth while to do a diff between the old and new code and see what you can spot. I don't think there have been that many changes so most likely it won't be too hard to spot. If you upload the source to the version that works, I can take a look too.

Quote Originally Posted by ctcwhexdx View Post
    Not to confuse myself more than I already am, but take a look at this thread http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...s-enhancements

For some reason after making the changes for my printer, it compiles and it is also working, I can run a print directly from the sdcard now....
    There are a lot of conditional defines (#define, #ifdef, etc.) in the Marlin codebase and it isn't hard to utterly confuse their locations, particularly given the formatting.

Glad to hear that fork is working for you.

Oh, and please: Make sure you update your E-steps and set the ABL servo angle before using!
    Last edited by dacb; 09-25-2014 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Added warning.

Quote Originally Posted by syl20 View Post
    I have merged your code with the one of bonm14 from github, this night. It compiles but I do not have tested. I write as soon as posible the post processing script.
    I have also integrated the bonm14 into current Marlin including Roxy's changes (fork available here: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin ). I had to do some work to reconcile the two approaches, particularly for handling the number of points, but that is done. Please see this post for more information: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post28235

If you have a post-processing script already setup, syl20, I'd love to have a look at it.

That 'Correct +.14mm' is for me... I should have deleted that when I crossed your configuration information over to my code base. That is so I don't have to think.
    Do you still have that code around? For the MakerFarm people who all have M3/.5 screws on our bed, I could imagine printing that correction information for each of the three adjustable screws.
    Last edited by dacb; 09-26-2014 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Ooooops, too much M4! M3 is .5, not .7.

Quote Originally Posted by dacb View Post
    Do you still have that code around? For the MakerFarm people who all have M3/.7 screws on our bed, I could imagine printing that correction information for each of the three adjustable screws.
    Well, it wasn't code... I just used a calculator to get that number. And remember... I have 4 spring loaded screws holding my bed. Not 3 so maybe this doesn't work as well for MakerFarm's??? But as it turns out, that number isn't actually usable. It will move that corner up or down that much. But the problem is that pushes the mean of the sample points up or down by half that much.

I wonder if a better approach would be this: Get the bed very close to level, and then 'unadjust' one of the screws by one turn and see how much it shifts the topographical map. Then put it back and 'unadjust' the next axis at see how much it shifts things.

If we can figure this out... It might be good to have a Configuration.h parameter for the important (heavily owned and used) machines where the user can uncomment the appropriate line.

Well, it wasn't code... I just used a calculator to get that number.
    Ha! I thought that output was from Marlin on serial. You keep great inline notes!

And remember... I have 4 spring loaded screws holding my bed. Not 3 so maybe this doesn't work as well for MakerFarm's???
    Interesting! I have one solid nylon spacer in a corner (the XY homing corner) and three springs with M3 socket caps through the glass, heated bed, and air gap/cardboard + birch wood with thumbwheels capturing nylon lock nuts below. I calibrated my Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER in the fixed corner with the nylon spacer because I thought it was invariant.

Engineer
    I have one solid nylon spacer in a corner (the XY homing corner) and three springs with M3 socket caps through the glass, heated bed, and air gap/cardboard + birch wood with thumbwheels capturing nylon lock nuts below. I calibrated my Z_PROBE_OFFSET_FROM_EXTRUDER in the fixed corner with the nylon spacer because I thought it was invariant.
    That's how I do it, too. A solid spacer at origin, and springs on the other 3. I also have the Safe Z Homing set to go to X10 Y10 instead of the centre of the bed, to always home on the unchanging corner.

I have also integrated the bonm14 into current Marlin including Roxy's changes (fork available here: https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin ). I had to do some work to reconcile the two approaches, particularly for handling the number of points, but that is done. Please see this post for more information: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ll=1#post28235

If you have a post-processing script already setup, syl20, I'd love to have a look at it.
    Hi,
    I'm working on it. I would end it monday or tuesday

Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast