Close

Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Anything best to print to test it with?

Probably something big that stretches from corner to corner. Then you will see the Z-Axis moving back and forth to correct. AND... Just because you have the height correct on most of the bed, it is possible you need a few more probe points (4x4 instead of a 3x3) in your matrix when you get to the edges of the bed. If this prints nice... smaller things should print nice also.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I ran that through netfabb and I am about to test print it but would you look over this Slic3r generated gcode and tell me if anything needs to be changed? I await your response as my greatest fear is my hot end scraping through the boro glass.

G21 ; set units to millimeters
    M107
    M190 S95 ; wait for bed temperature to be reached
    M104 S230 ; set temperature
    G28 ; home all axis
    G29 u 4
    G1 Z5 F5000 ; lift nozzle
    M109 S230 ; wait for temperature to be reached
    G90 ; use absolute coordinates
    G92 E0
    M82 ; use absolute distances for extrusion
    G1 F420.000 E-1.00000
    edit: I keep forgetting to ask you but the Z probe offset in Configuration.h can that be in a different increment than just .1? Say .05 so it becomes -2.15 instead of -2.1?
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 08-30-2014 at 07:44 PM.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    the Z probe offset in Configuration.h can that be in a different increment than just .1? Say .05 so it becomes -2.15 instead of -2.1?
    Yes. My current offsets are 30.64, 3.59 and 10.51.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Excellent, thank you for the info.

Now I wait to see if that Gcode is what I need then off to try a print once I get the go ahead.

Engineer
    I didn't see anything wrong with that gcode, but it didn't include any movements other than that last extruder move, so we can't see if it will crash the nozzle into the bed or not.

I didn't see anything wrong with that gcode, but it didn't include any movements other than that last extruder move, so we can't see if it will crash the nozzle into the bed or not.
    Didn't think you needed that but I have uploaded it now.
    What good is the gcode because it isn't adding the offsets from the G29 and that is what will possibly crash the head.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 08-30-2014 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    edit: I keep forgetting to ask you but the Z probe offset in Configuration.h can that be in a different increment than just .1? Say .05 so it becomes -2.15 instead of -2.1?
    Yes... Go up to a higher level and look down... What that #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET thing is, is a hard coded constant to build into the compiled C (or technically C++ code). it can be whatever. And if the compiler can digest it, it ends up in the object code. Your printer hardware and electronics may or may not be able to handle that precision, but it will work just fine as far as the compiled C code goes. If your hardware can't handle it, you just specified more precision than what made sense. But almost for sure, your stepper motors can go to two decimal places.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yes... Go up to a higher level and look down... What that #define Z_PROBE_OFFSET thing is, is a hard coded constant to build into the compiled C (or technically C++ code). it can be whatever. And if the compiler can digest it, it ends up in the object code. Your printer hardware and electronics may or may not be able to handle that precision, but it will work just fine as far as the compiled C code goes. If your hardware can't handle it, you just specified more precision than what made sense. But almost for sure, your stepper motors can go to two decimal places.
    Then pronterface should have a move by .01 as that would have helped me immensely with this. I tried to make myself a command button in pronterface on the printer's computer but the command never worked (didn't matter the command) so I gave up.

You can directly enter a GCode command. You could tell the printer to move to a given coordinate with that level of precision. Specifically, G1 X 10.1111 Y 20.0001

Page 25 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast